The idea was to create a 3D environment in a game engine, we chose unreal 4, we decided on a ruined entrance hall reclaimed by nature and found very nice reference art to base our scene on
Concepts/Paintovers
Concepts that i did include the following


I think these turned out okay, first time really trying 2D art. I'm getting better.
Normal Baking Workflow
I Tried something new with the normal baking, I used a new program called "HandPlane" it bakes object spaced normal's into tangent spaced and keeps them looking as good
Asset Renders
These are the assets i created textured and displayed in maya
Water Shader
I was tasked with creating a water shader in unreal 4, it was a new experience for me but it turned out pretty well
The Completed Scene


Normal Baking Workflow
I Tried something new with the normal baking, I used a new program called "HandPlane" it bakes object spaced normal's into tangent spaced and keeps them looking as good
Asset Renders
These are the assets i created textured and displayed in maya
I was tasked with creating a water shader in unreal 4, it was a new experience for me but it turned out pretty well
The Completed Scene
Some renders and glamour shots of out scene
Conclusion
We went very well this assignment, we all achieved our goals mostly on time. we did have a bit of a scramble at the end getting the water and post effects in but overall i think the scene and project as a whole was a booming success, if i could do anything differently it would be spending a bit more time on textures as i think they may lack a little variety, We used trello to divide work and keep schedule and i feel this was a good way to go about it.








No comments:
Post a Comment